Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fun Day

Yesterday I had some errands to run and was thinking I could just leave all the littles at home and get a few peaceful moments to myself. HA!!! Kaelyn came up with a better idea...and I'm so glad she did!

We started out with a quick trip to the Post Office. I found a new way into town that goes through the Battlefield...and I love it...so that was a treat for me. I love imagining soldiers walking through the fields...although if it's foggy, it's really creepy. But I digress....

After the PO we went to Gilbert-Stephenson Park. It is AWESOME! And so close! It's got a huge, wonderful playground...complete with baby swings for Noelle. Honestly, though, she wasn't really impressed. It did give her an opportunity to show me that she can reach for me when she's done with something, though...lol It has a walking track around the playground...so I could (if I was thinking) walk while the littles play. They have a bunch of picnic pavilions, too. There's another walking track, but it's not near the playground...it's near the community pool. I think the pool is $3 a person...which isn't bad...unless your family outnumbers the stars in the sky...he he

We spent about 45 minutes at the park...which was just enough for them to enjoy without wearing it out. Then we went to Walmart. Somewhere in there I lost my list...and since it was only 6 items, I said them out loud and let the littles help me remember. They actually had fun with that...I love it when they're so easily entertained. Joshie only asked for something once...and I think it was a dog toy...lol

When we got home there were 2 packages on our porch. One was from my mom...some new outfits for Noelle...woohoo!!!! And the other was from the Mystery of History...Volume 2 for next year! Going through the clothes was easy...Noelle can be entertained by our oohs and aahhhs. She wasn't so excited about the book, though. I, on the other hand, have been reading through it every chance I get!

We were planning on making Mexican Wedding Cookies when we got home...but I forgot to take the butter out before we left...so we had quiet time...which wasn't really quiet...cuz Noelle didn't nap.

So...after nap we started the cookies. They had to chill for a bit, so the boys went out to play, and I got to look at my new book. I wasn't paying attention to the time and had to put the cookies off a little longer to make dinner. We had oven fried chicken and Mexican rice (thanks for the recipes, Wendi and Lisa!). It was VERY yummy. I made a ton of rice so we could have it for leftovers today...and we'll cut up some leftover chicken to put in it, too. Can't wait for lunch...lol

After dinner we baked the cookies...with David's help, since Noelle went right into Mommy-mode. Here's the recipe...http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/mexicanweddingcakes.htm.
They are so YUMMY!!!

No comments: