Saturday, November 14, 2009

More excitement

Sunday night was amazing at church. We tried to get there early for prayer, but managed to be walking in the sanctuary just as the music was starting for service. Noelle wasn't feeling good, so David held her...but Joshie and Chris wanted to sing in the choir...so I took them up there. It didn't occur to me until I was up there that I had no idea what we would be singing, and I can't see the monitor with the words on it...lol So there was one song that I just got to worship through. It was an awesome song...I think it's called Matchless...but I couldn't seem to get enough of the words to actually sing it...lol

Pastor called for people who wanted/needed prayer and David didn't hesitate...which thrilled me...since he has held back in the past. Suddenly it was like the whole choir just moved down into the line...he he It was awesome! Just what I needed! (Isn't that so like God?!)

At the end of the service they had an offering for Thanksgiving dinners for the poor. (OK...so part of me hasn't caught on that that COULD be me...today, anyway...lol) I was disappointed at first because I wanted to badly to give...and then God told me an amount and as I reached for my checkbook, David handed me his pen....how's that for confirmation? I finished writing the check and David grabbed my hand and we ran up to the basket. I felt so silly...but somewhere in my I KNEW that it was the joy of giving. When we got back to our seats I started crying...cuz I KNEW that I had sown for something BIG!!!

Then pastor called for people that needed healing. As he got to the end of the line a crowd was gathering. Since I am incredibly nosy (couldn't have been GOD...lol) we went over...and...well...it was awesome! Pastor was speaking to people...not arbitrarily picking a person...but we could tell there was PURPOSE to what he was doing. As soon as he started talking to David I started crying. He said things and referred to things that there's no way he could have just *known* - we've only been there a few weeks! He said the most amazing things...and the more he spoke, the more I cried...cuz it was so fully of hope and promise! (We need to get the CD to hear it all!) When he started to talk to me, all I could do was laugh! It was so cool!!!

As we were leaving, one of the ushers asked David to join the Usher Team. Now THAT was confirmation on the call on David's life! I'm overwhelmed yet again with all that has been happening..but it's a *good* overwhelmed...lol

The week found us all getting sick with some coughy-cold thing. By Wednesday night I was feeling crummy, but I NEEDED to go to church! And I'm SO GLAD I did! Worship at Youth was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! I'm tellin' ya...it's incredible!!! It was so overwhelming that the band was even...I can't even think of a word for it! LOL

As we were getting ready to go, we were blessed with a turkey! We have connected more here than I can ever remember connecting within a church before. I am so grateful that we have finally found a church home!

No comments: