Monday, January 21, 2008

Moving along...

The Goodbye Chaos study is moving along nicely...

Lesson 1 was about taking a daily *vacation*. There have been a couple of times where I haven't been able to take a vacation...and a couple of times when I've littered it with thinking about frustrations and/or responsibilities...but other than that it's been nice to have just those 15 minutes to myself!

Lesson 2 was a self evaluation. I enjoyed getting stuff that's been in my brain down on paper. The hardest part was dreaming...thinking about what I've wanted to do and my talents. David's always been the one to do the dreaming...and I haven't bothered...cuz if I can't have it now...why waste my time. I realize that's not the CORRECT way to think. And after Jim's teachings that what we have in our hearts comes to pass...I understand WHY. It's still a challenge to dream and picture things the way I WANT them to be...but I'm moving forward there.

Lesson 3 dealt with the kitchen...how I think and feel about it and why. It was very...revealing... in a good way. It kind of goes along with the current lesson, which I'll get to later. I've taken everything off of the counters and split the kitchen chores up between 4 of us...so it's looking much better these days.

Lesson 4 was about thinking ahead and planning the next day. That one was a breeze...cuz I LOVE to plan. It's the *getting it done* that I'm not as good at...lol But having a list to cross things off of sure helps!

Lesson 5 was about going to bed at a decent time and getting up early. These days that's mostly dictated by Noelle...so there wasn't really much to do on this point.

Lesson 6 was about my Quiet Time. This has always been a challenge for me...cuz even when I DO have it...it's not really been consistent. These days my Quiet Time consists of my readings from the chart from the GCHP group and a short prayer time. I've started a list of prayer requests...and my Secret Sister sent me a journal which I'll be using for my prayer journal. All I have to do is remember to write things down! LOL

Today's Lesson is about my *priority place*....that's the place that *I* would *judge* in someone else's house to determine what kind of a housekeeper they are. For me...it's the kitchen. The bathrooms are a close second...but really the kitchen is the one room in the house that, if it's clean, I feel *uncluttered*.

No comments: