Monday, August 4, 2008

The First Day

So...today was our first day *back to school*. I have to admit...I was a little nervous...having 6 schooling this year...and hoping the schedule I worked so hard on would actually FUNCTION.

I'm so happy to say it went VERY well...even better than I expected! It was a day of review...we actually went back a couple of lessons in math...and spent some extra time going over how I would like to see things done. Chandler and Corey are journaling this year...which kinda stumped them a bit...since neither of them are writers....yet.

The littles did very well. Kyle informed me he prefers Chandler teaching him...uh, gee, thanks...lol But I did have an ear out while the older ones were teaching the younger ones...and they all did very well. They were all patient with each other and cooperative...yippee!!!

Noelle...well...she was Noelle. She had a WONDERFUL schedule-ish day on Saturday...and I was SO hoping that would carry over to today...but it didn't. :( She really didn't take a nap this morning...and since Kaelyn wasn't feeling well...I was running back and forth towards the end of the morning.

The older boys finished WAY ahead of schedule...everything was done by lunch...except one assignment Corey missed. But it was quick and easy for him to finish...so no biggie. I even had everything graded by nap time! And Noelle DID take a good nap this afternoon. That gave me enough time to re-vamp Chandler's Biology schedule, which I discovered had the page numbers all messed up. I guess the schedule was just a different edition from the book I have....oh, well!

We also discovered a possible reason for Kaelyn's monthly misery today. (Thanks, Heather and Ben!) Apparently she is VERY allergic to the shampoo we've been using. One of these days I'll remember to test EVERYTHING before I take it off the shelf! So...after taking care of that issue...she felt MUCH better! (Did I say THANK YOU?!)

And the biggest first, I think, is David's new job. He made double today than he was making in a day at Orkin...AND in a LOT less time...and NO STRESS!!! He was IN the house instead of UNDER it...big plus there! ;) Not only that...but by the end of tomorrow he'll be halfway to his weekly goal. And his boss/mentor is working to get him set by Wednesday so that he can take Thursday and Friday off to study for his test. Now THAT is sweet!

Oh...and while we're on the topics of *firsts*...Noelle is OFFICIALLY crawling! She's been scooting on her tushie up til now...but today she actually AIMED for me...and GOT to me on her own! Hopefully I can get some video of that this week...

No comments: