Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

We say this every year...but I just can't believe it's gone by so fast! I think it was just June yesterday when I woke up...where did the time go?

This year we've watched Noelle smile, turn over, sit up, crawl, walk, and get some teeth...Kyle, Josh, and Chris have all completed at least 1 phonics book... Chris, Kyle, Corey, and Chandler have all completed a math book...we've moved from the life of Jesus to the Dark Ages in history...Chandler and Corey have each gotten a rank advancement in Scouts...Chris moved up to a Bear... Kyle became a Tiger...all 4 boys went to Summer Camp...Kaelyn has completed 10th and 11th grades...she also got her permit...and her first boyfriend...David began working his dream job...and has just changed all around (for the better)

Me...it seems I've just been caught up in the whirlwind of change...jobs... finances...children growing up.... Sometimes I wish it would all slow down... well...the good stuff, anyway...it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if the bad stuff moved a little faster...lol

Overall...it's been a good year. I've learned a lot...grown a lot...and I'm ready to move on to 2009...ready to savor each and every moment with my children... remembering that this is the last few months of childhood for Kaelyn...and how quickly it goes...I don't want to miss a moment...don't want to be too busy.

I went to sleep last night dreaming of the *me* I want to be this coming year. I won't say it's a resolution...Michelle is right...that word just stinks of failure! I want to be more laid back...get things done...but not in a chaotic, forceful way, if that makes sense. I want to be with my husband and children...enjoy them... not be so anxious to do my own thing...

We have a lot to be grateful for this year. God has been so faithful...even though at times we couldn't *see* His faithfulness...we've known it in our hearts...and caught a glimpse here and there.

No comments: